Thursday, June 25, 2009
Slow, but steady progress is being made. This morning I uploaded the Elthos Tarot Deck (v1.0) to the website's Members Area. Jason's done an outstanding job on this deck, and I couldn't be more thrilled to have it. In the background I'm also working now on polishing the final version of the Phase II features of the Elthos ODS RPG Web Application. I'll be ready to open for Closed Beta Testing pretty soon now, as the last piece for that is the finalization of the data for the default worlds. So far so good. Last weekend I made some changes to the Elthos ODS Core Rules Book (pdf) that clarifies and slightly modifies (hopefully for the better) the Mystic System so far as Ranged Attacks are concerned. And I'm about to start working on Chapter VIII of the Elthos Book, "Revenge of the Weasel King" which will take quite a bit more work to sling together, but is coming along nicely, thanks to lots of excellent work by Jarod. And last but not least I got the EULA from the lawyer and will put that on the website. And so, least anyone thought I was loafing... I'm not. But this is a big project to be doing by one's lonesome and so it takes a long time. It'll happen though. Soon enough. :)
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Well, things are coming along, slowly as usual. While waiting for the lawyers to (finally) do their thing with the website EULA and Trademark search I have been busy adding Phase II features to the Elthos ODS Web Application. Here's the quickie bullet list of enhancements:
1) The Experience Gains System has been added. This allows the GM to track how much experience they granted to Player Characters and for what actions during the course of the game. It also does the calculations of experience gains for both combat and the use of skills.
2) The Alignment System has been added and integrated in with Experience Gains System.
3) The World Objects Trading System has been expanded and enhanced to include all world-specific objects including places.
4) Character Descriptions information has been enhanced and improved with Elkron determined birth-date and alignment assignments.
5) The Reports page has been rationalized and streamlined (but I'm not finished working on this yet).
6) Various subtle bugs have been squashed.
All in all I'm pleased with the progress. I am hoping to finish up and have the new version loaded soon.