Wednesday, September 18, 2013

When Science Catches Up With Your World

I got a bit of a thrill today when I found an article in Daily Science that validated something that I've done a few times in my world.   The story ... our Heroes had been shrunk down to tiny size and were riding on the backs of aphids through a tangle of vines on the wall of an old ruined tower in order to escape the deadly attack of a wolf-wizard and his shadow-dogs.   Whenever they got within range of a human they noticed that their gigantic opponent seemed to move much more slowly than in 'real life', and they were able to spring away in time to escape.

As it happens my sci-fi conjecture for my world turns out to be exactly how insects escape from human attacks!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130916102006.htm

Neat.  :)  How cool is that?  Ever have that experience with your world?

No comments: