Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas, Elthos



Well, here we are at Christmas and just in time for Santa I managed to switch my web host to a (hopefully) better service over at Webhost4life, and get everything up and running without more than an afternoon's worth of hiccups. Not bad!

Phase II begins!

The Closed Beta, by invitation only, test of the Elthos ODS Web Application! You can read more about it here: Elthos ODS Web Application.

Needless to say, it's all very exciting, isn't it? My first actual real world implementation of Elthos out there in the real world... after all these years. Well, anyway, enough blubbering. I will now set about creating some test worlds for my friends and peers so that they can go kick the tires and see what works and what doesn't work for them. I am expecting that there will be a great diversity of opinions about ye old Elthos, both from a rules perspective, and as a web application. Some people will surely despise it with all the fury of ten thousand suns, decrying it as the worst thing to happen since ... who knows when! But then others I suspect will find it quite useful for themselves and their friends, and be happy and content to have a handy tool to help them GM. But most, of course, will neither love nor hate it, but will wander off with nary a glance at my Great Labor. Which is just as well. It is one of my zen principals not to be overly attached to the results of my labors, but instead to simply focus on the labor at hand. Whether it be loved or hated matters not. Only that I worked at is with great diligence, and that I myself am satisfied that it is most certainly useful... for me.

:)
Mark

No comments: