Monday, December 21, 2009

Programming Elthos


I've been working (and working and working, etc) on programming my rules system, Elthos "One Die System". As a professional programmer/analyst by trade you would think that I'd be way ahead of the game. And you'd be right. Merging work and hobby for me has been a real plus. It does have it's downsides, but from a project perspective its great. I learn at work, and I learn at home, and these two sides support and help each other. That's a plus for sure.

And so things are coming along with Elthos RPG. There's just quite a lot to do to get a game system online. And all of that work is being done by yours truly. Slowly, it feels, but in fact, at a steady and not really all that terribly slow pace.

Most of the Phase I programming is finished at this point. Now, since I modified the system, including the database structure, while testing the system on various test Worlds, I'm working on cleaning up the data. That's a bit of a chore. But not terrible. Just tedious. It's also giving me valuable insight into how I will need to manage the system during updates once the web application goes live. Again, not terrible, just a bit tedious.

I'm hoping to release the Beta Test by New Years.

Ok, back to work. :)

No comments: