Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stabilizing On the New Platform



Things are working out well with the web application. It is currently stabilized as I have switched over to StateServer, rather than InProc (well, that does work on my dev machine, and I didn't have any issues with it on the first Hosting Service, but still, StateServer is better in any case). So that's good news for the Web Application. However, I am still getting intermittent errors with objects vanishing. So that suggests that the problem with the session is not truly solved. But I do notice the site is working better, and the loss of objects seems much less frequent. So ... what can I say. It's a step in the right direction.

In the meantime, the play testing is coming along well, the world is growing by leaps and bounds, and I'm having a good time with it. So that all counts for a lot.

In other new I decided to foot the bill for having the face cards created for the Elthos Tarot Deck so that I can have it published as an actual deck. At first it will probably be used on the site in some manner, but afterwards as I get feedback and work on that system, I will post the cards for physical publication. Most likely through U.S. Games, Inc.

And so, all is well. Progress is being made. And that is good.

2 comments:

Monica said...

That's really cool that your planning on having the deck printed. I can't wait!

vbwyrde said...

Thanks a lot. Yeah, I can't wait either. The face cards are going to look pretty cool too. I already spoke with US Games, Inc, and though I have two unique cards as part of my deck they don't foresee any problem with publishing them. Perty exciting. But first I want to work on the system itself so when I publish the cards I can provide a booklet on how I recommend using them for the game. I leave it to astrology geniuses to decide how applicable they may be to readings and such, but I suspect at least some people will find them quite interesting. I did a lot of research and noodling around over seven years on the design of the correspondences, so the cards inner symbolism ties into astrology, jungian archetypal mysticism, and links to the I-Ching at some level as well. I think one could make a pretty interesting study of the symbolism. I didn't make any of it up, but drew from many sources to derive what I think is a pretty coherent system. Well, good enough for running Elthos, that's fo shizzle.

There's more to the picture ...

:)